[mockup] Manaia (BOLD Product Options)
The optional stand is removable. It slides in the back and clips in place.
- Te Manaia, the guardian spirit plays an important roll in the Maori World. To Maori, every person on Earth has a guardian spirit which can be described as an unseen light surrounding each individual. During life, this guardian is a protector from evil and an untimely accident. At death, the guardian guides the spirit of the departed person safely to a spiritual doorway where it is re-united with the ancestors from the ancient homeland of Hawaaiki.
Te Manaia are usually depicted in side profiles symbolizing their role as messengers (i.e. part in the spirit world and part in the earthly world).
They normally have the head of a bird (sky), the body of a man (earth), and the tail of a fish (sea) symbolic of the spiritual balance they have between the realms.
The three fingers and toes have varied tribal meanings. To some, they represent birth, life, and death, to others they represent the three baskets of knowledge and yet to others' faith, hope, and love. Sometimes Te Manaia is depicted with a fourth finger symbolises the afterlife!
HxLxW: 37.5cm x 15cm x 2.5cm
- Free personalisation of name and occasion.
- Free fine tip Sharpie so the recipient's loved ones can sign the back.
- Free standard freight NZ wide (standard freight excludes rural addresses).
- Crafted from recycled Native New Zealand Rimu